From The CNBC Wiki
Revision as of 17:25, 24 January 2013 by Tarrlab (→Useful page summarizing many different packages/tools for use in visual psychophysics.)
The best OS X software solution for running psychophysical experiments (requires Matlab)
- PsychToolbox's home site
- Open source site for PsychToolbox
- ExpToolbox (.zip archive) is a random collection of routines I wrote to work with PsychToolbox. The key routine is readdata which makes reading in text files somewhat less painful. Now includes an improved readdata routine (v 1.3).
Free and almost free software for manipulating images or sounds
- Code and manual for: Willenbockel, V., Sadr, J., Fiset, D., Horne, G. O., Gosselin, F., & Tanaka, J. W. (2010). Controlling low-level image properties: The SHINE toolbox. Behavior Research Methods, 42(3), 671-684.
- Audacity® is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
- GraphicConverter converts images between *many* different formats. It also offers many useful features for image manipulation and viewing.
- GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages. Think of it as a poor-man's photoshop.
- Xee is a lightweight, fast and convenient image viewer and browser.
Useful page summarizing many different packages/tools for use in visual psychophysics.
Useful Random Stuff
Home → Resources